The Best Barrie Home Inspector can protect your investment
Why Choose the Barrie Home Inspector?
Buying a new home is probably the biggest investment you’ll ever make. And it’s a decision that will affect you for years to come. The process can be extremely stressful and confusing. And of course, there is always considerable risk involved when making such a large purchase decision. The Barrie Home Inspector can help make that decision less stressful. We will;
1. identify any safety or health issues as listed in the Standards of Practice.
2. identify components of the house that need maintenance, repair, or replacement.
3. provide you with a detailed report which delivers an accurate evaluation of the property’s condition.
When you hire The Best Barrie Home inspector for you purchase you get a professional inspection of the homes major systems and components which is presented in a detailed report. This report will educate you as to the condition of your home at the time of the home inspection, noting immediate and future repairs to the structure. Your easy to understand, detailed home inspection report is written in narrative form with many pictures. The report is presented within 12 hours through a secure email. Most are received a few hours after the home inspection.
Typical Items Inspected during the Home Inspection include:
• roof, vents, flashings, and trim;
• gutters and downspouts;
• skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations;
• decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings;
• eaves, soffit and fascia;
• grading and drainage;
• basement, foundation and crawlspace;
• water penetration and foundation movement;
• heating systems;
• cooling systems;
• main water shut-off valves;
• water heating system;
• interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
• drainage sump pumps with accessible floats;
• electrical service line and meter box;
• main disconnect and service amperage;
• electrical panels, breakers and fuses;
• grounding and bonding;
• Electrical Outlets – GFCIs and AFCIs;
• insulation and ventilation;
• garage doors, safety sensors, and openers;
• and much more.
Home inspectors are unregulated in Ontario and regulated in Alberta and B.C., but in any case consumer research is key. Home buyers should find someone with a background in the building trades: “A good plumber, a good electrician, anybody that’s worked in residential construction for a number of years, if they’re ticketed.”
“You don’t want to hire somebody that took all the part time courses at your local college and the closest they’ve been to a hammer was looking at it on the shelf at Home Hardware. Hire somebody who’s got some experience, along with the education.” Most industry experts also recommend you find and hire your own home inspector. Home Inspections and Realtor’s are not separated by any regulations and many new home inspectors rely on their realtor’s referrals for their paycheck. It’s easy to see how things can go wrong if the ethics are not 100% in favor of the home buyer.
If you bought a house and there was a defect that did not show up during the inspection, the only recourse you have is your Home Inspector. Your Realtor will not be responsible for any problems after the sale is completed. That is why it is so important to ensure your Home Inspector is experienced, knowledgeable and trained. The Barrie Home Inspector has completed over 8,000 home inspections in the Barrie, Orillia and Alliston area. He has also completed hundreds of Commercial Property Inspections ranging from 30 million dollar plazas to large blocks of residential and commercial properties in Toronto area.
Money Back Guarantee
The Barrie Home Inspector has the knowledge and experience to offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee for 30 days after you take possession of your new home.
Free Thermal Imaging
Thermal Imaging scan of entire home is included with every home inspection. Using an Infrared Camera can help find missing insulation, hidden moisture and electrical hot spots.
WETT Certified Inspections
A single WETT Inspection is available for only $100.00 when part of Home Inspection package. Level One Inspection for Insurance Company Requirements.
Contact the Barrie Home Inspector today!